Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday

It took me about 10 minutes this morning to get dressed to walk Kobe-- so many layers to put on to face the 20 degree temperature outside! While we were walking, I was really contemplating skipping my run/walk workout this morning and doing some yoga instead, but I knew that if I skipped my workout this morning I would feel really guilty. So, after furminating the dog, I peeled off all the layers of clothing, changed into my running gear, and did the week 1 program from Couch to 5K. It's actually getting a little easier to do the running segments (this morning I had the pace set to 5.2 mph). I think I'm going to repeat week 1 of the program next week, too, and try to improve my speed before going on to the next phase.

For breakfast I ate the last of my bran flakes with soy milk and a banana. Lunch was a salad with feta cheese, olives, red pepper, and balsamic vinegar along with a thin slice of honey oat bread. I was craving something sweet so I also ate a tablespoon of craisins. My afternoon snack was a 100-calorie pack of almonds and walnuts, and I'll probably have an apple when I get home from work.

Dinner tonight is chicken chilaquiles with fried plantains. I'll probably have a salad just to eat some green.

No comments:

Post a Comment