Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, Monday



This morning I awakened to the sounds of birds chirping at 6 a.m. (I love my alarm clock! It's got all kinds of neat sounds to wake up to: birds, bells ringing, or a traditional alarm). I wasn't in a hurry to get out of bed since it was 14 degrees outside, but Kobe and I were scheduled for an early morning walk.

Early walks are quite a production at our house. First, the human has to stumble out of bed, put in contacts, brush her hair, and put on a layer of Under Armour, a long sleeve tee, a fleece hoodie, a down jacket, a rain coat, sweat pants, wool socks, fleece-lined shoes, a hat, glove liners, and finally gloves. Whew!
All this while the cutest dog in the world is wagging his tail because he is just so excited to go for a walk in the frigid air. Once the human is bundled up, it's time to pick up a baggie, grab the Furminator and brush, put the gentle leader and leash on the dog. Finally! Ready to go.

Kobe and I usually walk about 25 minutes in the  morning, and when we get back to the house it's time for me to get a workout in. This morning, I did another training session from the Coach to 5K program: running for 1 minute and then walking for 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes. I picked up the pace on the running intervals to 5.3 miles per hour, and I got in a great, short workout.

For breakfast, I ate the usual: bran flakes with soy milk and a banana. Lunch was a salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, olives, and a red bell pepper. I also ate a cup of lentils, a slice of honey oat wheat bread, and a few raisins to satisfy my sweet tooth.

I'm planning on doing a yoga session when I get home from work this afternoon.



One nice thing about being a dog is you get to stay at home all day, take long naps, and play with your toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment