Sunday, January 17, 2010

Relax

Today's been a slow day. After getting up earlier than usual on Sunday (6:30 a.m.!), I had a bowl of oatmeal and a banana. From there, I had to return the school car with a full gas tank so that meant I had to find a gas station that was open and accepted credit cards-- this turned out to be harder than you would imagine. After driving to the other side of town to get gas, I picked up my car, and went to two grocery stores to find butternut squash-- did I mention that the stores on complete opposite sides of town? ANYWAYS, I now have ingredients to make roasted butternut squash soup tonight.

After returning from the grocery store, I put two sweet potatoes in the oven (one for lunch today, one for lunch tomorrow) and hopped on the treadmill for a run/walk workout. This week I'm running 90 seconds and walking 2 minutes for 20 minutes, plus a 5 minute warm-up and a 10-minute cool down.

Lunch was really yummy. I topped one of my baked sweet potatoes with an onion, black bean, and tomato mixture that was seasoned with cumin, lime, and cayenne pepper, and mashed avocado. I also snacked on a few craisins and walnuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment