Thursday, January 7, 2010

Long Day

Last night's chilaquiles were so yummy-- especially with the light sour cream I added. The plantain wasn't really ripe enough to be fried, but it ended up tasting okay. I also had tea and an orange after dinner.

Today is going to be a long day-- work day and then a basketball doubleheader tonight. My day began with a walk with Kobe, followed by the express workouts from the Firm's Hi-Def Sculpt DVD. While the new Firm workouts aren't as tough as the old ones, they are a good for when you want a lighter weights/cardio day, and they offer shortened versions of the workouts. Today's express workout was 25 minutes consisting of lunges, bicep curls, chest work, deadlifts, rows, bridge, hamstring curls, crunches, dips, and overhead presses. Not a very grueling workout, but most of your muscles get worked. I followed that up with a yoga sequence.

After my workout it was time for breakfast! Instead of cold cereal, I cooked some oatmeal on the stovetop with soy milk, raisins, agave nectar, and cinnamon. I was pretty disappointed when I poured the oats into my cereal bowl since there was half as many oats as I usually eat of cereal. However, the oats were very filling along with the usual banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment