Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What to do

What to do, what to do? It's 7:30 and I'm finished at work! Guess I'll go home, wash that sink-ful of dishes, and watch Lost. Not a bad way to end a Tuesday!

After the usual early start (which included snacking on a banana) and morning walk, I did 40-minutes of strength, followed by breakfast.I was running behind, so I scrambled some eggs, topped those with some pineapple salsa, and served that with a piece of toast slathered in chocolate Better 'N Peanut Butter.



Breakfast was pretty satisfying, I wasn't hungry until lunch, when I got a spicy chicken wrap from Chick-fil-A. After a busy afternoon at work, I thought it would be nice to let Kobe enjoy some playtime in the yard. I was a little worried about him getting muddy since the ground is still wet from Sunday's storm...

Mom, I promise promise promise I won't get muddy paws if you let me in the yard today!


...but he was a good dog and his paws passed inspection before coming back inside.

Spring has truly sprung in South Carolina:

Buds on the sweet gum tree.

I didn't have to cook dinner since I fixed a batch of slow cooker black bean soup before I left the house. I modified the recipe a bit because I'm out of cumin (which is a terrible thing because it's my favorite spice)!!!! Instead of the cumin, I used three packets of Sazon seasoning blend. I'm glad I experimented with some new spice because I was rewarded! The soup was so savory and yummy! I was a little concerned that the Sazon would have a lot of sodium, but it's actually pretty low in the sodium category. I also used an 8-oz. can of mild green chiles instead of the usual 4-oz.


I cooked a batch of Jiffy corn muffins to go on the side (mmmm!!!). I''m off to go wash all those dishes, call the hubby, and relax while watching Lost Actually, watching Lost isn't all that relaxing because I lie awake in bed trying to figure out WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?!?!?

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment