Friday, March 12, 2010

Rainy Day

Today got off to a pretty good start. I ate a banana for some energy and then the pup and I headed out. It was "warm" outside (about 50 degrees), so Kobe and I had a pretty comfortable walk outside. When we got back, I jogged for 25 minutes on the treadmill, not including a warm-up and cool down.



After my job, it was time for a very yummy breakfast: cinnamon apple raisin oatmeal with peanut butter and honey. It was great way to begin the day.



Since I had to score a softball game at noon, I packed my lunch: ham and spinach sandwich on rye bread and an apple. I also snacked on a small pack of pretzels during the games-- softball and baseball are sports you have to eat your way through ;-)!

I was pretty hungry when I got home, so I had a few craisins before Kobe and I went for a short afternoon walk around the neighborhood. Before I got back to work, I made a batch of spaghetti sauce.



These tomatoes with basil make a great base for the sauce. While I waited for the noodles to boil, I ate a spinach salad with honey mustard dressing.



I added lots of Parmesan cheese to my pasta.



For dessert, I ate some chocolate chip ice cream and a piece of caramel candy. Since the ice cream made me cold, I warmed up with a cup of tea.

Hopefully I'll get off to bed early tonight. I've got to run to the grocery store and post office in the morning before heading out to lacrosse-- should be wet and rainy-- so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment