Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Okay Day!

I've had a pretty decent day. Not outstanding, nothing out of the ordinary, just an okay day. And that's fine by me :-).

I got a lot of exercise today-- two walks with Kobe (well, more like 1 1/2 walks, we took a short one this afternoon), and I did my favorite workout DVD of all time: The Firm's Time Crunch Workout. This is an oldie, and it's actually funny to watch the instructors bounce around in leotards. All kidding aside, this DVD packs a punch in 40 minutes.There's nothing like a great workout to help you face the challenges of the day!

Following our morning walk, I made a batch of cinnamon apple raisin oats with honey. I "splurged" and sauteed the apples in 1/2 a tablespoon of butter. Breakfast was really good.

After my workout it was time for lunch, so I had a ham and cheese sandwich on rye with an orange. Then, I headed out to a lacrosse game (which my team won-yay!).


By the time I got home it was snack time, so I had some almonds and a Jonagold apple.

I got a lot of chores finished this afternoon, including dishes and laundry. Kobe and I headed out for a short walk before the rain hit, and then it was time to cook dinner. Before I got started cooking, I snacked on a salad and a pickle.


Dinner ended up being roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli with garlic, and paprika-spiced chicken with sauteed onions. Tonight was beer night (woo hoo), so a bottle of Rising Moon was on the menu, too!


Kobe got a rawhide for dessert while I settled for a few pieces of dark chocolate and an orange.

Kobe and I are relaxing and watching the first episode of Star Wars-- he got very excite when he heard a light saber!

No comments:

Post a Comment