Monday, March 29, 2010


The rain and the wind and the hail gave way to sunny skies on warmer weather today. On  my way back to work after lunch, I just had to take a photo of these beautiful trees that are in the front yard of our house. I'm really going to miss seeing their blooms in the spring when I move.

Today was a LOOOOONNNGG day. It started with a 6 a.m. wake-up call, a walk with Kobe, a 28-minute run jog on the treadmill, and my favorite part of the morning: breakfast (oatmeal with raisins, chocolate Better 'N Peanut Butter, an orange, and a banana which I ate before heading out to walk the dog).

After a busy morning at work, I headed home for lunch: a salad and a bowl of pinto beans and rice with a scoop of salsa verde.

I snacked on an apple up at the fields ( I had to go to a softball game and take the lacrosse team's photo), and then came home to walk the dog around the block before going back to work. After staying at work until 6:30 tonight, I was STARVING when I got home. All I wanted to do was sit on the couch and VEG OUT.

I had leftover chicken fajitas in the fridge, but fajitas are so messy, and I didn't want to risk dribbling fajita "juice" all over the furniture, so I decided to conduct an experiment: what happens when you combine all the fixins for fajitas in a 16 ounce ramekin and nuke it in the microwave?

 (grrr... my computer won't rotate the photo...)

(grrrrrrrrrr.... this photo didn't rotate either!)
The sweet potatoes didn't make it into the experiment-- I snacked on those while my dinner cooked.

You get a chicken fajita casserole!

If you're talented (ahem, like me), you'll be able to flip the ramekin onto a plate and enjoy it in all it's spicy, layered glory. (It's not pretty, but it's tasty).

Dessert was the usual orange and cup of tea. I just got finished watching Good Eats (one of my favorite shows). I've got to wrap up a couple of things for work, and then I'm off to bed since I've got a big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment