Monday, March 15, 2010

Adjusting

Every year, twice a year, the time either jumps forward or falls back. And each time, it takes me a couple of weeks to get into the swing of things. While I adapted yesterday (i.e.-made it to everything on time), today I was 20 minutes behind right out of the gate. My cell phone is about 20 minutes behind, time wise, so Kobe and I didn't get out the door until 6:20, and then I still had to get my run in when we got back.

After a kick @## workout this morning, I was starving so I cooked a batch of cinnamon raisin oatmeal with Better 'n Peanut Butter.Since I ate a banana before my workout, I had an orange with breakfast.


Despite waking up late, I managed to make it into work at the usual time. After a busy morning I headed home for lunch, which consisted of a salad and leftover lentils and leftover noodles.


I had an orange and some almonds for a snack. I had to get a little creative with dinner since I had some thawed chopped spinach and button mushrooms to use up.


So, I sauteed the mushrooms in a little olive oil with some garlic, and added in the spinach. I was craving sausage (and didn't have any), so I added in some red pepper flakes and fennel seed. Then, I added some leftover marinara sauce, let it warm through on the stove before tossing in some cooked penne pasta.


I topped the pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. So yummy!

For dessert I ate an orange, some raisins, and drank a cup of tea. I'm actually finished with work for the night (SHOCKER!), so I'm going to watch a little TV, stretch, read a book, and read before hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment