Saturday, March 20, 2010

A New Day

I feel much better today- a good night's rest can work wonders. Today was absolutely gorgeous with the temperature in the mid 70s, so it was a great excuse to get outside. Kobe and I went on a 40-minute walk at Cowpen's National Battlefield in the morning. Today was a "rest" day, so the walk is about all I did (unless you count straightening up the house, washing laundry, and cleaning dishes).

Breakfast was a bowl of raisin and Better 'N Peanut Butter oatmeal with a banana. Lunch was leftover chicken and veggie curry, cous cous, salad, and an orange.

After lunch, I headed out to score a softball doubleheader, so I packed an apple and almonds to snack on.

 My Crack Blackberry doesn't take very good photos, but what a pretty day it was!

I've been craving Chick-fil-A all week, so I went to the drive-thru for dinner tonight (I gotta say, we must have the slowest CFA in America in our town-it took me 20 minutes to get a salad!).

Alas, the wait was worth it!



I hate eating off of paper/foam/plastic, so I transferred the salad to a bowl and cut up the chicken to make for easy eating. And I topped it off with croutons and honey mustard dressing, and washed it all down with a Rising Moon beer.



It was a good dinner!

I finished my work after dinner, and then contemplated dessert. Since I ate a small Dairy Queen ice cream cone and an orange last night, I didn't want ice cream. I settled on 2 peanut butter sandwich cookies and some chocolate chips with tea. The peanut butter/chocolate combination hit the spot!


Tomorrow will be another busy day-- there's lots of chores to be done (laundry, taking out the trash, dishes), and I've got to get in a run. I may go for 28 minutes straight tomorrow, we'll see how I' feel.

Since there's nothing on TV tonight, I'm watching a PBS show on DVD called "Minik: The Last Eskimo" (I know, I'm a HUGE nerd). Anyways, once the show's over I'm hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment