Friday, March 19, 2010

Just AWFUL

I knew something wasn't right this morning. I didn't sleep well last night, and then my stomach was in knots all morning-- and then I got awful news! It's not end of the world news, everything will eventually be okay, but I was devastated. Suffice to say I have been having sporadic crying episodes since 11 a.m. this morning. But I'm getting a grip and realizing "it could be worse."

At any rate, life goes on regardless of how I feel. And while my awful news had me wishing for either a) a six pack of beer, b) a pint of peanut butter and chocolate ice cream, c) a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, c) chocolate cake, or d) a bag of minature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I took stock of my feelings and realized over eating (or over drinking) would not help the situation out in the long run. So that's why, after receiving THE NEWS, I returned to the spare bedroom to complete my workout, Firm Crosstrainers Strength.

Following the workout, I ate a pretty healthy lunch. I made some curried chicken and vegetables, which I ate with some cous cous.


I also had a salad and an orange.

When I cooked the veggies for lunch, I had to have garlic, so I broke open a new bulb and found THE LARGEST CLOVE OF GARLIC, ever. This is huge-- it looks like two cloves, but I promise, it's just one.



I just finished snacking on some almonds and craisins, and I'm going to eat an early dinner (soup and salad) since I'm going with some friends to see Alice in Wonderland. And in my current mental state, I don't need to be tempted by a gargantuan box of Sno-caps.

The only thing helping my mood right now is the beautiful weather outside.



Kobe and I spent some quality time in the backyard this afternoon.



The day got off to a pretty healthy start with Kobe and I taking a short walk around the block, and getting harassed by the neighborhood dogs, including a Chihuahua. Breakfast was a big bowl of banana and raisin oatmeal with sugar and cashew butter.



I'm signing off--tomorrow will be a sort of busy day since I've got to spend all afternoon at a softball game. On the other hand, it might turn into a great excuse to go to Chick-fil-A!

No comments:

Post a Comment