Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hump Day

It's only Wednesday. But that's okay, because I had a pretty good day. Kobe and I got our morning walk in, and when we got back I got some cleaning out of the way. I also made a yummy breakfast: cinnamon apple raising Better 'N Peanut Butter wheat berry oatmeal. Oh yeah, it was good.

Here's what went in the mix:



A peeled, chopped, and baked (at 350 degrees for 30 minutes) Jonagold apple
1/3 cup of oatmeal
1/3 cup of wheat berries
Raisins
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup of water
Cinnamon
Ground ginger
1 TBSP. of Better 'N Peanut Butter



I brought the water to a boil, and then added in oatmeal, wheat berries, apple, salt, raisins, cinnamon, and ginger. Once that cooked for 5 minutes, I stirred in the the BNPB. What a great way to start the day! I also had a cup of green tea with breakfast.
 I probably should have mixed the BNBP in with the oats in the pot instead of the bowl--it made a bit of a mess.

Lunch ended up being leftover italian lentils and brown rice. I snacked on a banana, some raisins, and almonds this afternoon.

For dinner, I ate leftover chicken stir fry with brown rice...


... which I topped with pineapple salsa. Yum Yum Yum!


And I ate a spinach salad with honey mustard dressing.



For dessert, I'm going to have a peanut butter sandwich cookie, orange, and tea.

I recently discovered Hulu, and am off to watch last night's episode of Lost. (It's my favorite show, and I had to miss it last night because of volleyball). In other good news, I don't have any work to do (that you rain gods for canceling baseball and softball)!!! I'm off to enjoy my evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment