Thursday, February 18, 2010

Whoa

Once again, the winter Olympics have amazed me-- the downhill skiers reach speeds of 80+ miles per hour! I don't even drive that fast on the interstate, and these women are FLYING down mountains at this speed in spandex and a helmet. Whoa.

Despite watching the fabulous athleticism of these athletes, I'm still huffin' and puffin' through my treadmill workouts. Since the house appraiser came today, I spent about 30 minutes after the morning walk straightening up and cleaning the house. After that, I did a 15-minute yoga session for relaxation from the Yoga for Stress Relief DVD. After work, I had to get one of my walk/jog sessions in. I can't say that I enjoy jogging, but it's getting easier, and I feel great once I'm down with  my workout. Jogging is such a great stress reliever-- I don't think about anything else going on when my feet are pounding the treadmill. I think I'll do one more week 5 Couch to 5K session before moving onto to week 6.

Of course, all that jogging gave me an appetite, so after my workout I had a big dinner. I started with a feta and craisin spinach salad, and then ate a roll and a big bowl of Goode Bean Soup while watching Samantha Brown of the Travel Channel vacation in Vancouver. That woman has the world's best job.
A chocolate craving hit me after dinner, so I had some super dark chocolate with my orange and tea. 



I also ate a bowl of soup for lunch with a piece of bread, and snacked on an orange at the office and some dill pickle cashews when I got home. Breakfast was a bowl of blueberry oatmeal with Better 'N Peanut Butter and a banana. 

Tonight I've got to post some swimming results, and hopefully will get a chance to read some of my book. Since I'll be at Limestone all day Saturday and Sunday, the plan is to leave work early tomorrow and get my errands finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment