Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cookies and Wine

Today was stressful. On days like today, I am thankful for two things...


...wine...


... and cookies.

Now, if only these two things could solve all my problems (not that I have that many, but I'll take what help I can get).

Today started out like any other with a morning walk, which I followed up with some yoga. Breakfast was a bowl of raisin and Better 'N Peanut Butter oatmeal and a banana. For lunch, I had a pickle, a big bowl of Mediterranean Soup, and a few craisins. My afternoon snack was an orange. Then, finally, it was time to come home from a stressful day at the office.

Now, I try to keep tabs on my emotional eating, but I REALLY needed some comfort food, and conveniently I had picked up my two boxes of Girl Scout Cookies this morning. I decided that since I was going to run jog, a little cookie wouldn't hurt. I opened the box of peanut butter sandwich cookies, and pulled out my treat.


Can you believe this little cookie is 50 calories? At least it satisfied a craving without making me feel guilty.

After my cookie, I was charged up for my workout. I moved onto to week 5 of the Couch to 5K program, so after a 5 minute warm up, I ran jogged 5 minutes, then walked 3 minutes, and repeated the pattern two more times. Afterwards I did some yoga to stretch out.

After exercising, I indulged in a glass of wine. Dinner was leftover black beans and a baked potato. Dessert was a few craisins and an orange with chamomile tea.

I'm off to do some laundry and enjoy a night off from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment