Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Best Day of the Week

Today is the best day of the week. Because it's Tuesday? No. Because it's leftover night? No. Because it's laundry night? No. Because there aren't any sporting events to write about? Yep, you got it!

A night off couldn't have come at a better time. First of all, Lost is on, and second, I'm super tired. I felt pretty good until after I ran jogged last night, and then the weariness hit me like a load of bricks as I nearly dozed off several times while watching the Olympics last night. I got a good eight hours of sleep, but that didn't seem to help.

At any rate, I dragged my rear end out of bed this morning so Kobe and I could walk (which we did in 20-something degree weather-Michigan, we're gonna be ready for your winters!). When we got back, I did three sections from Gilad's Express workouts: Warm-up, Hips & Thighs, and Shoulders. He doesn't have you use much weight (I used three-pound dumbbells for the shoulders), but your muscles burn! After Gilad fried my legs and shoulders, I did one segment from the Firm's 5 Day Abs and a short stretch.

Breakfast consisted of two scrambled eggs, toast with blackberry preserves, and a banana. Lunch was a spinach salad and a bowl of black bean soup. I snacked on an orange this afternoon at my desk. Dinner plans include leftover couscous with grilled chicken.

Despite not having to write any stories tonight, I do have to come back to campus for a meeting, wash a couple loads of laundry and straighten up the house (the appraiser is coming on Thursday). So much for a complete night off!

No comments:

Post a Comment