Sunday, May 16, 2010

Unexpected Egg-cellence

Tonight's dinner was an egg-cellent frittata! It took me a lot longer to make it than I originally planned, but the time spent was well worth it.

The unexpected thing about the recipe is that it came attached to the rosemary plant my mom bought. I highly recommend trying this Rosemary Potato and Caramelized Onion Frittata with Blue Cheese (photo at left was taken before the onions were added). You can view the final dish over at Goode Taste.

For dessert I ate a bowl of sliced strawberries and a few pieces of dark chocolate.

Today began with a bowl of strawberry, blueberry, raisin and Better 'N Peanut Butter Oatmeal. I did one of the Firm workouts (sorry, I can't remember the name-- one of the total body fat blaster sculptor calorie burning ones ;-) ), and I went heavier than usual on the lower body-- my legs were jelly afterwards.

Lunch was really good: leftover Super Veggie Salad, 3 slices of a small baguette, marinated mushrooms, and fruit salad.



I was worn out this afternoon so I tried to take a nap after lunch, but ended up dozing for about 40 minutes. I snacked on some pistachios and a banana. I also drank a small glass of wine before dinner.

Tomorrow I will occupy myself by walking Kobe, running to the grocery store, and reading a book (I finished In the Company of Cheerful Ladies today and have moved on to Sebastian Junger's new book, War).

Good night! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment