Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Surprise!!!!


Surprise!!!!!

The athletics staff threw a going away party for me at lunch today! I was so surprised-they actually hid in the dark and shouted at me when I walked in the room :-). My last day is on Friday and I wasn't expecting anything, although I figured something was amiss when my colleague came up with a very strange excuse to drive me up to the main athletics administration building during my lunch hour. I was really excited because I've never had a surprise party before.

Look-streamers and balloons!!!(Sorry for the blurry photo-I was using my cell phone).

Anyways, the room was decorated, I got a super yummy chocolate cake with LOTS of icing (thanks to Mr. Dave's wife), a lovely award, and two very nice cards.


I have to say that I will not miss my job, but I will really miss all the people I've come to work with the last 4 1/2 years. Bless their hearts, they've had to deal at times with my crankiness, ignorance, and self-center-ness, but I have learned a lot by working with all of them.

Anyways, lunch was not the healthiest as I had two tiny small big pieces of cheese pizza, a small piece of cake (I got the corner with all the icing), and a bite of blackberry/peach cobbler. Needless to say, no snacking was required this afternoon.

After work I'm off to pack up- tonight I've got the bathrooms and hall closets.

No comments:

Post a Comment