Thursday, May 13, 2010

A long walk

Kobe and I started the day with a 35-minute walk around the local college, which wore the puppy out. He napped most of the day and has been fairly calm tonight.

After returning from the walk, I had a big breakfast:

(Two eggs and toast with apple butter. Not pictured: half a piece of toast and an orange).

Lunch was a small bowl of roasted red pepper soup, a black bean patty, and a salad.

For entertainment, I watched the first DVD from Supernatural season 3 (I'm so glad the library had this available for rent-- it's one of my favorite shows) and started reading In the Company of Cheerful Ladies from the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series.

Despite being unemployed, I've been pretty busy since I'm now the cook for the household (it's the way I'm earning my keep).  Today I made Slow Cooker French Onion Soup for dinner. I love using the slow cooker, especially when you're gone all day and come home to the yummy smell of dinner. However, using a slow cooker when you're at home all day and can enjoy the savory aromas all day long gave me the munchies (but I was able to control my appetite-- I ended up snacking on some pistachios, an orange, and some dried apple slices).

Tomorrow is going to be a good one-- my dad and I are headed to Athens to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, DePalma's .

No comments:

Post a Comment