Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Relax

I'm (sigh) really (sigh) relaxed (sigh) now. I had a full body massage this afternoon and it has done me a world of good. I was super tight, but feeling a little looser now. I had to drive up to Sautee-Nacoochee, Ga., this afternoon for my appointment at A Garden for Wellness


A Garden For Wellness offers a variety of services and instruction to help you reduce the stress in your body, restore your physical and mental health, and enhance your well-being.

This was a really nice place to get a massage-- the business is located in a house, so it's very cozy. Sometimes I feel a little intimidated going to spas with the receptionists and fancy seating areas. This setting is calm and peaceful and you can hear the birds chirping outside. I also liked the fact that Linda, the masseuse, talked to me during the massage. Sometimes it's a little weird having someone you don't know working on you, so it was nice to be able to talk and get to know her.

The drive to Sautee-Nacoochee was also relaxing with views of the mountains and valleys.

A Native American burial mound (no idea why someone decided to built a gazebo on top of it). At least it's fenced to protect it from the cows.




And what did I do today to deserve such a relaxing afternoon? I spent the morning working on my blogs-- adding a couple of new pages and some new links. Be sure to check out the additions over at Goode Taste !

I also got in an older Gilad cardio workout. It was so cheesy, but was really fun. There's one section where you do a variation on The Twist, and another where you play the air guitar. Sometimes it's a blast just to embrace being dorky in the privacy of your home :-)! Anything for a good workout, right?

After my party with Gilad, it was time for lunch!

Water

Leftover sweet potato fries

Pepper

Hummus for dipping (garlic and black bean-yum!)

Salad with honey mustard dressing, tomatoes, and hot peppers (and don't forget the pickle).

Kobe and I took the day off from walking, but we'll be back at it tomorrow. This morning I had a simple bowl of cinnamon raisin oatmeal and a banana. This afternoon I snacked on some pistachios and grapes. Dinner plans tonight include a chicken sandwich, salad, and some sort of sweet since Wednesday is dessert night (along with Saturday and Sunday).

Sally kept me company while I wrote part of this post (or maybe she was just hiding from the vacuum cleaner since the house is being clean-- I prefer to think she just wanted to hang out with me :-)).


No comments:

Post a Comment