Friday, April 9, 2010

Thyme, thyme, thyme

The thyme on our back porch is BLOOMING! I didn't know thyme would grow flowers! It was a really nice surprise-- the blossoms are so tiny-- there aren't many yet, they blooms are super cute!



Some of the thyme went into the lemon thyme marinade for my chicken for dinner tonight. I also cooked up a batch of green beans and some sweet potato fries. I did a pretty good job on the fries tonight-- as usual I tossed them with olive oil, cumin, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, and baked them for 30 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Tonight, I also tossed them in ground flax seed, which gave them a crunchy coating.

Yum!


For dessert I had a peanut butter sandwich cookie, some chocolate chips, and an orange.


This morning Kobe and I took a shorter walk than normal since he's still recovering from his sickness yesterday. He did eat some oatmeal this afternoon and I think he's on the mend :-).

After walking Kobester, I hopped on the treadmill for a 28-minute jog (plus warm-up and cool down). Breakfast was apple cinnamon raisin oatmeal with a big scoop of cashew butter and a banana. I ate leftover pasta for lunch with a salad, and I snacked on grapes, almonds, and pretzels this afternoon.

Today is an easy day since I only have to go to one event at work :-). I have less than a month left at this job and I am getting excited about moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment