Saturday, April 3, 2010

Long time

Wow-I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday! On Thursday, I went to my friends' house for dinner (chili and strawberry cheesecake ice cream-yum!) and to watch Fringe. Yesterday offices were closed, but I still had to go to the fields for a fundraiser and score a baseball game. I went to work at 11 a.m. and didn't get home until after 7 p.m.-needless to say I was exhausted.

Today I took the day off, but Thursday I ran on the treadmill while listening to Cardio Coach Volume 1.It's an audio workout that was developed to be used with cardio machines-- it's really cool -- the "coach" gives you visualizations and it has some really great music. I didn't make it the entire way through the first time, but I can't wait to give it a go again.

Yesterday, I worked out to the Firm's Total Scuplt *PLUS* abs. Today was a much needed rest day and tomorrow I'll have to run.

This morning I started the day with a bowl of blueberry oatmeal, chai tea, and a banana. Lunch was another peanut butter and jelly sandwich with some grapes. Snacks included an orange, a few almonds, and a pickle. Dinner was  a salad with red pepper and feta cheese, grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, and roasted broccoli. For dessert, I ate a peanut butter sandwich cookie with single serve container of vanilla ice cream. I'm probably going to have a cup of tea later tonight. 


After I got home from baseball this afternoon, I did some spring cleaning outside: I swept out the car port and front porch, and then swept all the sweet gum burr balls off the pool deck.



There was also a surprise waiting outside: my sage, thyme, and parsley survived the winter and are doing quite well! I evened use the thyme in a lemon marinade for my chicken tonight for dinner. I also love love love to add chopped sage and thyme to scrambled egg!



 The picture wouldn't rotate!


I also discovered some violets growing in the yard (at least I think they're violets). 


Kobe also had a great time in the yard this afternoon. I was going to throw away the peat moss liners from the hanging baskets, but then I remembered how much he loves to tear stuff up. Here's a video of his exploits:



I'm done with work for the day and am vegging out in front of the TV indulging in one of my guilty pleasures-SciFi movies. I'm having a Star Wars marathon, and am currently on The Empire Strikes Back and just watched the scene where Darth Vader first encounters Han Solo and Princess Leia at the Cloud City (um, yeah, I'm a DORK!).

There are NO SPORTS tomorrow (thank you coaches for honoring Easter Sunday), so the plan is to clean the house (we have a potential buyer coming to look at it on Monday morning), bake some Turtle Bars, and hopefully find some time to RELAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment