Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's the little things...

Sometimes it's the little things that can make you really happy-- like a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a happy puppy dog running around in the yard. I spent a good bit of the day at work, but before I headed into the office, I fueled up with one of my favorite sandwiches: PB&J!


I really like to toast my PB&Js so the peanut butter gets warm and melt-y. My favorite jam to use is apricot preserves, but I had to settle for grape today. This sandwich is particularly good on homemade bread (and luckily I had a loaf in the freezer).



After putting the sandwich together, I toasted it in a dry skillett.
This would be fabulous if it were toasted in a little melted butter... Maybe I'll experiment next time...


I had a Jonagold Apple on the side.


In other news, Kobe is back to normal, rolling around in the grass and following me around the house. He had a great time frolicking in the yard after I got home from work, and now he's tuckered out on his doggie bed.

Dinner was pretty good, too. I wanted something "light" for dinner so I could indulge in a turtle bar for dessert, so I went for a grilled chicken salad (of course, I loaded the salad up with cheese and had a beer, so it may not have been so light).


Grilled chicken salad with orange bell pepper, pepperoncini, honey mustard dressing, grilled lemon chicken, and tomato & basil feta cheese.


Don't forget the corn muffin!


And the turtle bar! (It got a little smashed in the freezer).

Today's workout was SuperCharged Sculpting. It's a short workout, but I used heavier weights than normal to get in a good workout. I figured I got in plenty of extra physical activity today my getting some cleaning finished this morning.

Here's what else went into my tummy today-- I really ate a lot!

Breakfast: banana, blueberry & Better 'n Peanut Butter oatmeal
After workout snack: grapes
Lunch appetizer: leftover sweet potato fries
Afternoon snack: grapes
Dinner appetizer: leftover green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment